Recently, I had the privilege to speak on AM530 - Afro Mosaic Health Guide with host Brian Nugent, to share my battle against cancer. The theme of the show that week was – “Tough times don’t last, tough people do.”
Throughout this ongoing journey in life, challenges present themselves and may cause us to feel overwhelmed and possibly inadequate and make us lose hope. I can’t say that I’ve always felt strong enough to overcome the odds. Throughout my journey, I’ve had moments of immense fear, but fortunately I was able to persevere through it all. My experiences through cancer and all other health issues, has shaped me into the individual I am today. For this, I wouldn’t wish to change anything about my past, and it is these experiences that will continue drive me towards my dreams.
As Brian said: “Change is difficult because it takes dedication, commitment, and perseverance.” It is my hope that listening to my journey through cancer may be a source of motivation to encourage you to persevere and commit to moving forward in your own life.
Latest from Cameron Mattice
- Cameron Mattice shared his story at Toronto Fundraiser hosted by Lindsay’s Angels in support of the Canadian Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Lymphoma Canada Fundraiser - take it to the mat - the Great Yoga and Wellness event 2015
- take it to the mat - the Great Yoga and Wellness event 2015
- Cameron Mattice interview with Deklon Roberts from RogersTV
- Fuelling the Need for Speed